Monday, February 04, 2008

Snow in Tokyo!





What a walk we had this morning! I posted about the snow day yesterday but the snow was still on the ground this morning when we went for our walk. It was about 2 degrees C so we all rugged up against the cold and set out on the hardened snow and ice nearly slipping a few times as Dixie jumped around all over the place like a rabbit and Jazz lagged behind walking as if she were walking on egg shells and all the while I was trying to keep my balance! I had taken the good camera to try and get some nice shots of the girls in the snow but neither one was cooperating and then the battery died allowing me to only take these four shots none of which are nice but you get the picture - it snowed here in Tokyo and that's kind of a big deal as it usually only snows once a year or once every two years like it did on Sunday. Everyone here keeps saying it must be all the more exciting for me as "you don't have snow in Australia do you?" I have to remind people that we do in fact have snow in Oz and several ski resorts!

12 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh it sure is very cold there with all the snow. Keep warm gals

~ Girl girl

umekotyan said...

Good evening jazz。
Tokyo was a terrible snow.
...be surprised to see by the television...
In Awajishima, the snow was only on the mountain.

from loved ume tyan

The Army of Four said...

Snow, snow, beeeee-roo-tiful snow! Oh, that looks so wonderful! All of our snow is gone. We might get some more tomorrow, but I haven't made my prediction yet.
I hope you had fun!!!
Love,
Amber

Ferndoggle said...

OMDoG! I love that pink coat!!!! I wish I could find one like it here in Pixburgh. You didn't order it online, by chance???

Lola

The Army of Four said...

Hey girls! Stop by - we've given you an award!
Tail wags,
Stormy

Girasol said...

stay warm and careful with your paws....the coats looks like that warm you up nicely.

Katherine and Pippa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine and Pippa said...

They are nice piccies. We like them.

Your coats are beautiful.

Mistress has seen snow in Australia - Mt Kosciu-snow-ko - I think she said.

So I know there is lots - well some - snow in Australia.

Pippa

Anonymous said...

I love the photos - looks very beautiful (and cold!!)

River

Lorenza said...

Hi, girls!
Snow! Are you excited about it?? Looks cold! I like your coats too!
Here we have 30c. Perfect for me!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Eddie N Peaches said...

We have lots of snow here, too. Yesterday snow as big as cotton balls fell and covered the ground quickly.

We absolutely love your coats!
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie, Peaches & Bella

Cassidy said...

Me be so jealous of your snow!

Nibbles
Cassidy x